Mem Leak or something?

Talk about anything, that doesnt have an extra forum.

Moderator: [DD]Trip

Mem Leak or something?

Postby MastaKilla » Sat 27. Mar 2010, 08:09

So im trying to do some damn work on photoshop...and i start getting this thrashing...and very slow stuff..now I checked my Physical Memory, it was at 96%!

So I thaught a nice clean restart should fix a mem leak..so I restart my computer..and then I open up WTM and notice that constantly my Cached memory keeps rising by like 10 at a time, now apart from wondering what the hell is up with my ram, I did think AVP could have been memleaking, but its only been since I started up Photoshop this has happened..but I wouldn't think Photoshop would cause this...currently im at Total memory MB: 8190
Cached: 7293
Free 0
Ive checked pretty much everything and don't know where this memory drain is coming from, Any advice?
MastaKilla
Jedi Knight

Re: Mem Leak or something?

Postby [DD]Trip » Sat 27. Mar 2010, 09:08

Get Memtest:

I am a link
The road to hell is full of good intentions.
[DD]Trip
Admin

Re: Mem Leak or something?

Postby MastaKilla » Sat 27. Mar 2010, 19:18

After testing 60% of 2 gig there doesn't seem to be any problems so far, but it doesn't matter that much since RAM is quite cheap and I don't mind buying more, but my pc has been on for 1hr 30min and seems quite stable so far, so mabye it was just Photoshop bugging out..but there is 5gig of data being cached, that seems awfully strange to me.
MastaKilla
Jedi Knight

Return to General Talk